As Big B turns 75, we take you into the 70s when he was our ‘Angry Young Man’. What people forget is that he gave us some brilliant romantic movies with memorable songs. Maybe his most popular pairing was with Rekha, but we adored him with many beautiful ladies of the 70s on screen. When it came to chemistry, he just had it with everyone, be it even with his male co-actors.
Truly the timeless actor and personality from our times, he stands tall with his cinematic experience that is a gift for Hindi cinema lovers. Happy Amitabh Bachchan day to all…
1. Jaya Bhaduri was his first hit on-screen partner. They were brilliant in Abhimaan, Zanjeer, Chupke Chupke and the iconic Sholay.
2. Amitabh Bachchan made for a successful romantic pair with Rakhee in Kabhie Kabhie. Kasme Vaade and Trishul.
3. He perfected the on-screen sizzling chemistry with Rekha in Suhaag, Silsila & numerous other movies.
4. He and Zeenat Aman were super sensual together in The Great Gambler, Don, Dostana and Laawaris.
5. His rom-coms with the urbane Parveen Babi, Amar Akbar Anthony and Do Aur Do Paanch were superb.
8. He was uber cute with Neetu Singh in Yaarana and Parvarish.