Hindi movies or movies from Bollywood, let’s say have caught eye of audiences overseas as well. Indian content is accepted not just on home grounds but internationally too cause of maximum exposure in today’s time. Some big releases also translated into box office successes worldwide. Penetrating international markets could also lead to a future of worldwide release for Hindi cinema. Although the highest grossing Bollywood movies worlwide are star backed, it is certainly encouraging and relevant for the upcoming filmmakers as it instills faith in the industry. These films are not just rich in content, but were performance driven subjects as well, not the usual masala entertainers.
Here are the top 5 films that were the worldwide highest grossers-
1) Dangal – Aamir Khan’s record-shattering Dangal positioned at No. 1 is one of the highest grossing Indian film ever with collections of Rs 1907 cr.
2) Baahubali: The Conclusion – India’s magnum opus two-part trilingual film, S. S Rajamouli directorial Baahubali: The Conclusion opened to historic numbers out here ringing cash registers at the box office with 1700 cr.
3) Secret Superstar – One of the most surprising entries into the list is 2017 release Secret Superstar by minting a staggering Rs. 874 cr worldwide.
4) PK – Fourth on the list is yet another Aamir Khan starrer, PK with 831 cr. The 2014 release Indian film expanded its theatrical run in 2015 by releasing in China. The film received a thunderous response globally upon release and was both critically and commercially acclaimed. It was PK’s formal release in China that discovered the potential market in the neighboring land.
5) Bajrangi Bhaijaan – The Salman Khan starrer touched hearts and became a huge success with making a whopping 698 cr.