We are sure that whenever you try to open bank account in a new city, bank asks you for a number of documents including address proof, oops! But the good news is that the scenario is changed.
To open a bank account, you need to submit ‘proof of identity’ through Passport, Driving License, Voters’ Identity Card, PAN Card etc. You are also asked to provide documents for local address proof and introduction of an account holder in the bank.
You can still open bank account in a new city without having to fulfill all the above requirements-
1. You can open a bank account with only an Aadhaar card. Aadhaar card is now accepted as a proof of both, identity and address.
2. Introduction is not necessary for opening a bank account.
3. You can also open an account without address proof of the current city if you have address proof of your permanent address anywhere in India.
For example you can open a bank account in Mumbai even if your permanent address is in New Delhi and you do not have a proof of address for your Mumbai residence. You are just required to present an officially valid document (proof of address document) of your New Delhi address together with a declaration about your Mumbai address, for communication purposes.
4. You can easily transfer your existing bank account from one place to another. However, you would have to submit a declaration about the current address.
5. If you do not have any of the documents listed above to show ‘proof of identity’, you can still open a bank account known as ‘Small Account’ by submitting your recent photograph and putting your signature or thumb impression in the presence of the bank official. However, the ‘Small Accounts’ have certain limitations such as:
Balance in such accounts at any point of time should not exceed Rs.50,000.
Total credits in one year should not exceed Rs.1,00,000.
Total withdrawal and transfers should not exceed Rs.10,000 in a month.
Foreign remittances cannot be credited to such accounts.
Also Check –
“Bribery Is One Of The Largest Global Industry Earning USD 2.0 Trillion Annually”
“14 Things You Must Know About Earning Interest On Your Gold”
“8 Inspiring Steve Jobs Quotes That Will Change The Way You Live Life”